2181 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 8:55 AM by tanner RSS
paramaguru Apprentice 129 posts since
Feb 10, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 13, 2011 4:46 PM

LANDesk Agent is not deploying along with the windows 7 image

Hi All,

If I create the Answer file using WAIK and put that into local C drive and run the sysprep enable the generalize check box then shutdown the machine and captured the image. When I add the same image into deploy script, and enable the “image uses sysprep” in the deploy script there we can give the LANDesk Agent to deploy once the image has deployed successfully.

But the thing it's taking the answers from the answer file which is inside of image and adding into domain also everything fine. then it''s prompting the "Domain username and password" to login into the machine. but it’s not deploying the LANDesk Agent.I tried to give the username and password manually after its prompting...after that also it's not deploying the LANDesk agent.....

What should I do to deploy the LANDesk Agent along with the image in Windows 7? (In windows XP it’s working fine, In windows 7 its not getting deploy the agent)

Can anyone guide me in this regards........

Thanks

Paramaguru.S

• tanner SupportEmployee 155 posts since
    Jun 4, 2008

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.

LANDesk uses commands in the unattend.xml to install the agent. It sounds like you made one unattend and are also using the LANDesk one Windows should normally aggregate any unattend files it finds and process them. Is the LANDesk unattend getting to the machine?

Once it is done, you can go to C:\Windows\Panther and you will find an unattend.xml in there. That one should be changed a bit, with parts added saying a particular pass was processed and sensitive data removed. You can use that to see if the commands were processed, or maybe Windows didn't find the unattend.xml that has the agent install commands in it.

There are also some sysprep logs in there that may help out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software