Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
2124 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2011 9:12 AM by Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw RSS
Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice 132 posts since
Mar 22, 2010

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 13, 2011 10:55 PM

Error when creating or editing a delivery method

I am getting an error message when trying to edit or create a delivery method. The error is "Failed saving to db, core: (corename) as user (username) method: WebService". I have also attached a screenshot. All users are receiving this this error with delivery methods. I have checked the roles and everything is set correctly. We are able to access the database just fine. Inventory scans are coming in just fine also. We tried restarting the DB server but not the core and this did not resolve the issue. I found one discussion on here and someone said that it was a proxy setting on IE but I know that's not the problem here.

We did install a patch on the core last week (LD90-SP2-MCP_SD-2011-0217) because I could not access any tasks- (http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-21781). The patch did resolve that issue but hopefully it didn't cause this one.

The full error in the bottom section on the screenshot is:

"System.Exception: Failed saving to db, core: (corename) as user (username) method: WebService
   at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Data.Exportable.SaveToDB(String targetCore, Boolean failIfCoresDontMatch, DBLoadSaveLevel whatToSave, SaveMethod saveMethod)
   at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Data.Exportable.SaveToDB(Boolean failIfCoresDontMatch, DBLoadSaveLevel whatToSave)
   at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.DeliveryMethod.Commit()
   at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.WinUI.DeliveryMethods.DeliveryMethodNode.OnRename(String text)"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sundiata

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software