1515 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2011 5:40 AM by MPATEL RSS
Apprentice 79 posts since
Feb 9, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2011 4:38 AM

See Parent ID in Process object query

Hi All

Anyone created a query for a all IPC's but showing the related parent/child incident on the query?  I was expecting to see Parent/Child in process, however do not think its possible.  We are on 7.3

So when I highlight an entry on the query the "tab" panel below will show Parent Incidents/Child Incidents etc.

help!

Thanks in advance.

• elizabethcombrink Employee 473 posts since
    Dec 19, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 13, 2011 5:30 AM (in response to MPATEL)
    Re: See Parent ID in Process object query

Interesting question...

I don't believe you can get to the children from the process object directly - although the relationships exist, I think thats one of the hidden ones which you can't access through query designer.

You may be able to use a filter to put it at the bottom of a window, but not on the query results view - which I think is what you want.

I do query this relationship so I can identify all the children of a parent in a query.  Base the query on Incident Incident, and you can get to both the parent and children Incident.  If you use the Group By on the Parent ref, you will be able get to a list of the chilren. you can reference attributes from both the parent and the children in the query results view as well as the Preview Pane

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software