Skip navigation
1761 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 10:45 AM by medriver RSS
paramaguru Apprentice 129 posts since
Feb 10, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2011 11:31 PM

While deploying the image it's not taking the HII(Device drivers) and answers from answer file

Hi,

In our environment we dont have PXE environment, so we have injected the imageW V2 tool in WinPE 2.0 CD, Using of this CD we have captured the image manually its windows 7 64-bit Enterprise SP1... In two of the test machine(HP ELitebook 2440p and HP Elite Book 6930p) we have installed the Landesk Agent. then we have injected that test machines device drivers into HII liberary in Landesk core server,we have created the landesk deploy script, then we have injected the answer file for Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise SP1 externally in the Deploy script...After that we have just drag and drop that test machines manually on the deploy script...here it was deploying the image successfully..but the thing is its not taking the answers from the answer file which we have injected externally in the deploy script and it was downloaded the device driver files locally in the test client machines inside of c:\windows\lddriverstore folder but it was not taking the drivers whatever we have added into HII liberary for those models.... Not only those particular model...it was not taking the drivers to anyoneof the models. Why it was not installing the device drivers automatically in the test machines and why it was not taking the answers from the answer file?

Can anyone help us in this regards, how to fix this issue.....?

Thanks and Regards

Paramaguru

• Apprentice 77 posts since
    Mar 25, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.

I may be seeing the same issue. I have a question however. Can you get the drivers to install in device manager by manually pointing to the c:\windows\lddriverstore. I am trying to image a 2008 R2 64bit server and I am unable to get the driver to load even if I point it to the lddriverstore manually after booting up. I get a message saying I already have the latest version of the driver installed, which is not true. If I copy the drivers to the machine manually after the image has been put down, I can get the drivers to install properly by pointing tot he driver directory. From what I can tell, it looks as if all the drivers do make it down to the target machines c:\windows\lddriverstore directory. Not sure what the issue is at this point.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software