Skip navigation
2275 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2011 8:00 AM by SBW RSS
SBW LDProServices 135 posts since
Jul 15, 2010

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 17, 2011 9:58 AM

Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created

I have dropped Activity on to Request and created a one to one relationship from Request to Activity and a collection of Request on Activity.

I also created an action (create service request) on activity and dragged and dropped the collection on to the activity window so that as the service requests are added they can be seen on the collection window below.  What Im finding is that modifiying the result output attributes of Request under request management does not modify what is seen at the bottom of the activity window.

I was afraid of this and this leads me to my next point which is basically an explanation of what Im trying to do.  We want to create an employee new hire process and during a certain status in that process we want to allow people to create additional requests for services (CI's) and then display the image attribute for the items they've selected through the optional action.  What I've done is create an image attribute on the Request object and used a copy rule to copy the catalogue image from the service CI image attribute to the Request object image attribute that I've created.  This way I can select it in the results output attribute for the request object and have it show for the case I wrote above.

Is what Im trying to do not feasible?

• KarenPeacock Employee 1,131 posts since
    Jul 29, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.

Hi

Sorry if I've mis-understood you but I wondered if you can use a filter (or query) to display the field you want on the activity window and remove the collection? 

Best wishes

Karen

• KarenPeacock Employee 1,131 posts since
    Jul 29, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.

Hi

I'm afraid that you can't apply a report template to a filter on a window so you'd need to raise an enhancement for this and hopefully others would vote on this too.  My only suggestion is that the image displays on the optional action instead or if they drill into the service they've selected from the filter if this of use?

Best wishes

Karen

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software