Skip navigation
1534 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 3:19 PM by dmshimself RSS
Nic Apprentice 56 posts since
Mar 31, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 5, 2011 1:51 AM

Multiple Selections from a DDL

Hello all, I've been asked to look at ways to improve our procurement process here, by allowing users to select multiple products from a DDL, does anyone know if this is possible at all in 7.3.2?

There are roughly 100 or so items to choose from, but it's not likely anyone would choose any more than 5 or 6 at one time, but they may also request, for example, 5 copies of one piece of software.

Thanks

Nic

• JulianWigman Expert 585 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Jul 5, 2011 4:17 AM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Multiple Selections from a DDL

Sounds Like you need to upgrade to 7.4 and use the new Service Catalog features.

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,252 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    3. Jul 5, 2011 3:19 PM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Multiple Selections from a DDL

Multi-select list boxes would also sound as though they would fit the bill but again those are for 7.4 only I think.

In 7.3 there is a control called a paged control which allows you to define a query to put on a window, search for items in the query and then multiple select.  It then copies the items selected into a text field.  You can also remove items

You could also consider adding a customer action to the process which allows people to select one item at a time, but then press the action again and select another.  Personally I'd go for 7.4 as there are heaps of other reasons to upgrade too, but I do understand it's not always possible to do an upgrade at the drop of a hat.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software