Skip navigation
4868 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 3:17 AM by Mpatel1 RSS
Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 4, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 4, 2011 11:41 AM

Change Management ITIL standards

Looking for a good Process template for change management that follows ITIL Standards? Any ideas or where to start would be appreciated...

Thanks~ AM

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Aug 4, 2011 11:50 AM (in response to alyssamedd)
    Re: Change Management ITIL standards

Hi,

Well you can start with the main OOTB Change process and work from there, but in my experience, the change processes that have been developed by customers are many and varied and mostly are designed on the back of the existing processs within their business.

There will be many on the community who will have their own opinion of what constitutes a good ITIL change process, but in my opinion, there are a few key stages that you need.

1. Change Logging - this should include descriptions of the change and possibly a risk and impact analysis and back-out plan.
    2. Change Assessment - What type of change is this? Standard, Complex, Emergency...? Don't get into the trap of Emergency Change really being the 'I can't be bothered to log it!' change.
    3. Authorisation -  This really leads to CAB and we can deliver that in many ways.
    4. Scheduling
    5. Execution
    6. Completion and Assessment of success. You should always review changes that have failed and it's really a good idea to notify the desk of completed changes as they tend to create a bunch of new incidents.

How's that for a start point?

Andy

• Mpatel1 Apprentice 96 posts since
    Aug 28, 2012

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    3. Aug 31, 2012 3:17 AM (in response to alyssamedd)
    Re: Change Management ITIL standards

Hello

There is no way of importing the visio, however there should be best practices on the web.  Failing that ServiceDesk does come with a Change process.  I'm in the middle of trying to work out the best way of implementing standard changes.. query, category, template... so many ways....!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software