Skip navigation
2493 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 9:09 AM by Dave Holland RSS
Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 4, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 7, 2011 12:12 PM

Definitions Update Failed (LANDesk Management Suite v9.0.2.3)

I created a scheduled task to run daily and download patch and compliance content.  However, I receive the following errors in the vaminer.details.log on the core server after the scheduled task executes:

09/07/2011 08:29:22 INFO  22016:LoadingPatchSources : First attempt failed.
09/07/2011 08:29:23 INFO  22016:LoadingPatchSources : GetStreamForPath https://patchemea.landesk.com/LDPM8/ldvul.php?VERIFYME=NoLicenseInformation&KEYWORD=filename&FILENAME=patches/ENU_PatchSources902.xml failed The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
09/07/2011 08:29:23 INFO  22016:LoadingPatchSources : First attempt failed.
09/07/2011 08:29:23 INFO  22016:LoadingPatchSources : Verification failed: Connection to https://patchemea.landesk.com/LDPM8/ldvul.php failed. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
09/07/2011 08:29:23 INFO  22016:1     : You have not specified a valid site from which to download updates.  Please verify your network connection settings.
09/07/2011 08:29:23 INFO  22016:1     : Definitions update failed

I am, however, able to manually download patch and compliance content by clicking the "Download" button via "Download Updates."  I have checked and verified accounts and permissions which yielded no findings.  What could be causing this?

• JSMCPN Expert 256 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.

Definitely sounds account related with regards to SSL certificate, like *.landesk.com is not added to the Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer at the system-level.

Can you log onto the Core as the account that runs your Scheduler Service, open Internet Explorer, add *.landesk.com to Trusted Sites, and try a manual download from the Console?  If that works, then try doing it by starting the Download Patch And Compliance Content task.

I worked in an environment once where all SSL certificates were inspected and re-signed by a network appliance, and while human user accounts were set up to accept these re-signed certs, the LANDesk Service account was not, and their vaminer.log file looked almost exactly like yours.

• JSMCPN Expert 256 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.

I know you can do it manually, but can DOMAIN\LANDESK.SERVICE?  (I am not sure what actual account you are using to run your Scheduler Service)

Go to Start->Programs->LANDesk->Configure Services and click on the Scheduler tab.  The account displayed there is the account that will call vaminer.exe - so even though your account can connect to https://patchemea.landesk.com, the Scheduler account may not be able to.  Log onto the Core as the account used by Scheduler and see if that works.

• Dave Holland SupportEmployee 801 posts since
    Jan 8, 2008

Has received 9 of 9 achievements.

Did you ever get a resolution for this?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software