Skip navigation
523 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 11:33 AM by SBW RSS
SBW LDProServices 135 posts since
Jul 15, 2010

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2012 11:33 AM

Data Import Users to a support group

What I'd like to do is similar to the way I am currently importing AD User objects to the End User Role and others to an Analyst Role, is import some of those same Users in to a specific Support Group.

I believe the table I need to import to is tps_User_Group, and I've already setup and testing Data Connection with a custom ldap filter.  Is there any way I can do this?

I currently want to import a list of people to the same group nightly.  The group is a "direct report" group which is essentially a list of people who have direct reports, and put them all in the same support group.

I've built the User_group additional window for my import where the Group object is dropped on the window so that I can set the default value of this group and set the target key attribute of the User object by samaccountname = Name on the user.   I was going to create another key attribute on User_Group that would match the User_Name but Im unable to create any additional attributes on this object and it looks like it does not have an "IsName" attribute.  Any advice or help on this?

I have looked at this document with the SQL script but I do not want to import all the AD groups they're a member of because it does not match the support groups we have in LDSD.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software