Skip navigation
937 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 6:50 PM by dmshimself RSS
gman1981 Apprentice 78 posts since
Jan 12, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 11, 2012 3:25 AM

Query that emails analyst and manager

I have been asked if we can create a query or report that emails each analyst on a daily basis and cc's their manager with a list of incidents not been updated in more than x days. Is this possible? I have done a query that shows all incidents not updated in x days and can group by analyst - but I can't see a way of emailing that to each analyst with thier calls and cc'ing the manager.

Any ideas?

• KarenPeacock Employee 1,131 posts since
    Jul 29, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Feb 13, 2012 3:45 AM (in response to gman1981)
    Re: Query that emails analyst and manager

Hi

I think with schedule manager you can't achieve exactly what you want.  You would instead need to have individual queries scheduled for each analyst with a hard coded criteria in where the assigned analyst is analyst x.  So you would copy each query and then amend it to include the analyst's name then schedule it to that particular recipient.  You could then have the full grouped query scheduled to go to the manager.

As you are on 7.5, the functionality you were really after is actually available through Crystal Reports Server 2008 which you get with your upgrade.  I must admit that I am desperate to give this new feature a try when I get the chance   The functionality is called "Report Bursting" and you can find more on the Crystal website under the new features for 2008 server, in the help files in Crystal Server under  or I've found some instructional videos on YouTube if you search on something like "How to Burst and E-mail Crystal Reports".  You would need to start by creating a Crystal Report which is the same as your query and group it in the same way.

You could also be extra helpful and include hyperlinks into the emailed report so it allows the analyst/manager to link straight into the incidents in the report via webdesk.  I give an example of how to do this in this article Crystal Reports - How can I add a dynamic hyperlink straight to Web Access from a report?

Best wishes

Karen

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    3. Oct 9, 2013 6:50 PM (in response to KarenPeacock)
    Re: Query that emails analyst and manager

Hi Karen - assuming you haven't burst with excitement, did you see if this feature in 2008 does the business?  I was interested in being able to mail a report out to people with a variable email address rather than the fixed hard coded ones Crystal Server typically uses.

The following appears to be handy

http://howtobi.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/how-to-setup-report-bursting-data-driven-publication-in-businessobjects/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software