I just noticed recently a good handful of computers are not checking in properly and not executing scheduled tasks. I am getting a 'Lost Contact' when I manually run an Inventory Scan and Security Scan. The inventory scan timestamps seem to update, but the security scan does not update the timestamps. I attached screenshots of this issue. I reinstalled the agent, but that does not help. I checked the vulscan.log file and I do see a lot of errors but I don't know what they really mean. I attached it to this discussion. Has anyone come across something like this?
The log says:
Core server name found in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\LDWM: (core server)
Then it goes on to fail in contacting the core. So what is in that location on the affected machines? Is the core server information correct? If so, is name resolution working for those devices to resolve that name. Also, do they have any firewalls running or security programs that may be preventing communications.
LANDesk Silver ESP
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements
Of course I modified the log file to remove server specific information. (core server) has the correct DNS entry in the logs. If I connect to the workstation in question and run NSLOOKUP on the DNS name of the core server, it resolves correctly and pings successfully.
I'm not seeing any additional security software on these machines that may be blocking communication.
Hey frank, you are right. After talking with our team in that building, they implemented a while back a Barracuda Web Filter, and it was blocking the traffic. After they whitelisted my core server, everything started communicating properly!