Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
1501 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 6:48 AM by dynamozappa RSS
dynamozappa Apprentice 107 posts since
Dec 17, 2007

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 8, 2012 8:55 AM

File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.

So this is yet another baffling problem that i have encountered with LD software distribution. i am trying to transfer two files to a computer and i have created a very simple multicast script that is supposed to copy the files (.ttf font files) from my core to the c:\windows\fonts folder on the machine. After scheduling the script and running it the log file says that it succeeded (see below). And the files have been transferred to the machine but they are in the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache folder and not in the destination specified in the script. Is there something else i need to do in order to make this work the way it is supposed to? I have tried running a security scan and inventory (forced sync) on the computer. i have tried running policy.sync.exe, policy.client.startpolicy.exe, and policy.client.invoker.exe on the client and......NOTHING.

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"
"COMPUTERNAME","OK",1201,"0:00:00","3/8/2012 9:21:05 AM","3/8/2012 9:21:05 AM","Targeted Multicast"
"COMPUTERNAME","OK",0,0:00:48,3/8/2012 9:21:15 AM,3/8/2012 9:22:03 AM,"<qt/>C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\volcano\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60"
"COMPUTERNAME","OK",0,0:00:53,3/8/2012 9:22:04 AM,3/8/2012 9:22:57 AM,"<qt/>C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\volcano\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60"
; "Job Complete","2 Done","0 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

I have LDMS 9 with SP3 installed on the core and on the client. The machine has Win7 32bit installed.

any help would be appreciated.

jeff

• wade.fields Apprentice 44 posts since
    Oct 17, 2011

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    1. Mar 8, 2012 10:12 AM (in response to dynamozappa)
    Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.

I'm new to this, so there may be a better way.But I use a batch file to copy files through a distribution package. and add the files that I am wanting copied to the additional files section.

So the batch file does the copying once LD deploys it to the machine.

• LANDeskWizrd Expert 506 posts since
    Jul 2, 2008

Has received 8 of 9 achievements.
    2. Mar 8, 2012 10:14 AM (in response to dynamozappa)

Can you copy the contents of the actual File Transfer Script? This might help in seeing what could be the issue.

• wade.fields Apprentice 44 posts since
    Oct 17, 2011

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    5. Mar 8, 2012 1:31 PM (in response to dynamozappa)

Yes, the additional files and the batch file are copied to the sdmcache folder. The software distribution task then runs the batch file copying the files from the sdmcache folder to your desired location.

It's not the same as the File Transfer Script, but it was what we use when we needed to copy mulitple files.

• Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice 132 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    7. Apr 17, 2012 5:51 PM (in response to dynamozappa)

Jeff, did you ever find this DeleteTaskQueue.exe file? Searching on the community, it looks like the %DTMDIR% is ManagementSuite in ProgramFiles on the core but I do not have this file either.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software