Skip navigation
2539 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 9:29 AM by Jay RSS
Jay Apprentice 49 posts since
Feb 8, 2012

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 20, 2012 2:38 PM

Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?

I havent seen any documentation stating one way or the other whether or not you can designate your core server as a preferred server to use with HII.  I am just curious as it is required to use a preferred server for the driver repository.

Thank you,

• Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice 132 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 24, 2012 10:00 AM (in response to Jay)
    Re: Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?

I have seen in recent postings where people have mentioned setting the core as a preferred server so that they can continue using the same driver folder as before (..\landesk\files\drivers). I actually temporarily configured the core myself yesterday as a preferred while troubleshooting my HII setup and it worked.

• Employee 213 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.

Hello,

you can certainly configure your core server as preferred server. It is not a problem and is not ''dangerous''

Most of the administrators configure the CORE as a ''fake'' preferred server to have the possibility to specify access credentials for the other preferred servers.

Example:

MYCORE as preferred server, IP RANGE: 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.2 (a bit unrealistic)

PREFERRED-ONE, IP RANGE (your real stuff), username and password if needed...

etc

etc

Regards,

StockTrader

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software