135 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 3:07 PM by Jamie Cannon RSS
Rookie 12 posts since
May 10, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2012 2:29 AM

Unable to resolve incidents

Hi,

I have set up an analyst on the system and every time they open an incident or service request some functions are unavailable to them; for instance if the analyst is to put a call with 3rd party or to resolve they are unable to see this.  However if the analyst is to view the calls within Web Desk - they are able to view these functions.

The application has been re-installed and this hasn’t resolved the issue....are you able to confirm if something can be done to resolve this?

thanks

• paul.enkelaar Expert 209 posts since
    Sep 5, 2010

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Apr 17, 2012 5:07 PM (in response to NMann)
    Re: Unable to resolve incidents

Hi

The first thing I'd be checking that they have the same role and group membership of an analyst that can successfully do the work.

Cheers

Paul

• Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup 1,356 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    3. Apr 30, 2012 3:07 PM (in response to NMann)
    Re: Unable to resolve incidents

Permissions in the Web can be a little different from those of the Console.  Make sure that the Analyst does indeed have Analyst role and that their group is the correct one both under the "Groups" folder and that within their account they have their Primary Group set to one of the groups you have made them a member of.  A little confusing, but I've had that issue before.  Then make sure you have permissions applied to the Role and not a combination of the Role and the Group.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software