17257 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2008 6:11 AM by Paps RSS
oku Apprentice 142 posts since
Jan 18, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2008 7:29 PM

Integration With LDMS

Hi Guys,

Does anyone of u  have tried the integration between LDSD and LDMS,  so far i've tried the integration within the level of Importing the database for CMDB purpose, and Right  Clik menu options for Remote Control and File transfer. But i've noticed that the LDMS 88 comes with Process Manager that allowed u to have a change management for Patch deplyment in LDMS, and in process manager there is an option to integrate this with LDSD, but i dont know ho far does the integration between these two, does it allowes you to deploy a patch using LDSD or using Process Manager to deploy patch a there will be a ticket created and Updated in LDSD.

Thanks

• LegoGuy Employee 216 posts since
    Dec 18, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    1. Apr 29, 2008 10:12 AM (in response to oku)
    Re: Integration With LDMS

The main way that Service Desk Integrates with LANDesk is that you can get the right click menu in your incident window.  So when you are looking at an incident you can right click and view the inventory of the computer for that incident.  You can also remote control it and there are several other functions. 

As far as creating processes for deploying patches and software, this is all done from Process Manager.

But both products are very configurable and you could certainly do some customization.  You should be able to get Process Manager to send out emails to open incidents.

• Employee 831 posts since
    Nov 16, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    2. Apr 29, 2008 11:07 AM (in response to LegoGuy)

There's a Process Manager PIM to use LDSD: It can add assignments, notes, and tasks to incidents, create incidents, close incidents, resolve incidents, and get incident info.

• Apprentice 54 posts since
    Jun 26, 2008

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    4. Nov 5, 2008 6:11 AM (in response to oku)

This is a pretty old post but thought I would reply.  LDPM integrates well. I have set it up with a New User process in LDSD that automatically creates an AD account and Exhchange Mailbox. 

I have also played around with log a request in LDSD that then triggers an automate software install in LDPM.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software