Skip navigation
7983 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2008 2:31 AM by nvs RSS
Rookie 27 posts since
Apr 23, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 19, 2008 4:31 PM

what should I use (SQL Express 2005 from landesk, SQL SERVER 2005, or may be Oracle)

Well I have 450 clients with more than 95% of the clients using XP.

For now we are just using "remote control", "Inventory scan" "Reporting" "Software Distribution" NB we have a gateway server too

well I am planning a big upgrade ( thinking of doing a side by side or building new server with a new computer name and deploying the new agent using the old server).

I wanna build a new one but my boss does not want  I hate upgrades on servers I never built,  well I will deal with him.

to the point to the point well,

we are planning to use  "Lenovo TVT" (we are 99.9% lenovo) , "Monitoring and Alerting" "OS Deployment / Provisioning; OSD"

Security Management ( "Antispyware", "Host Intrusion Prevention", "Security and Patch Bulletins" "Patch Manager" (we're gonna get the most for this)

and server manager too in the near future.

well do we need a more power SQL server for all this?

NB: we are planning to use 6 prefered (pxe also) servers for each country/office, (believe me or not the core server and gateway server is stored in a datacentre) and 5 IT users using the console in one of the headoffice and me the admin of this power system.

Well to remind you of my questions,

1 -> ?:| should I use a more powerful SQL server or I can use SQL server? ?:|  my boss wants sql express on the same server, the defaultX-( 

2 -> ?:|should I separate the core server and the SQL server? ?:|

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software