Skip navigation
6326 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2009 9:59 AM by mwarrenstl RSS
Rookie 19 posts since
Mar 27, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 27, 2009 9:30 AM

Save your Company money using LANDesk

I am looking to share information of how to save your company money using LANDesk and to see what ideas you may have. We all know that we can save money with patching, installing software, SLM, and Remote Control. But how about some of the custom ideas. Here are a few I am using currently that I can think of, more to come as I get time to post.

1. VBScript running chkdsk: It first checks th users system if they need to run chkdsk. If chkdsk needs to be ran then it prompts the user with a message to run or cancel. Scheduled to automatically run monthly on all systems. Saves money by keeping systems running in top performance.

2. VBScript running Disk Cleanup: If prompts the user if they want to run or cancel disk cleanup. Scheduled to automatically run monthly on all systems. Saves money no wasted space and improves security by clearing cache.

3. VBScript running Defrag: It first checks th users system if they need to run defrag. If defrag needs to be ran then it prompts the user with a message to run or cancel. If user accepts then it schedules a defrag to run after buisness hours using a service account. Scheduled to automatically run monthly on all systems. Saves money by keeping systems running in top performance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software