5181 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2009 7:33 AM by phoffmann RSS
Rookie 14 posts since
Oct 8, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 28, 2009 3:01 PM

Unhandled exception with avservice.exe

Hello -
I have LDAV installed on roughly 100 machines in my 2500 machine environment right now and in the past week or so some of them have started to get
an unhandled exception when users are using Outlook 2007.  The message is in German but, using Google translator, translates roughly to: The exception "unknown software exception (0xc0000094) is 0x009f3d8b occurred in application at location.
Also, I notice that the while the scans seem to be functioning on a regular basis, the virus definitions are not updating.  Any thoughts as to what's going on and how to fix it?
Thanks for the help!
Sarah
  • phoffmann SupportEmployee 2,644 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Oct 30, 2009 7:12 AM (in response to sclayton25)
    Re: Unhandled exception with avservice.exe

Hello Sarah,

Could you be so kind as to state the major revision of LANDesk you use (8.7 or 8.8 I imagine) and what level of service pack you are on? This would help along.

Generally, one of the first things to do here, is to make sure you've got the latest AV-engine for your version of LANDesk.

There's no "general" problems I'm aware of (David would know better here) in regards to definition updates from clients that I am aware of - the first stop would be again here to make sure that the clients are up to date.

You can get the latest AV-related patch(es) for your specific version from LANDesk support, at a push (and this would be also standard procedure if/when you'd log this as a support incident).

I seem to - very distantly - remember some issue with Outlook 2007 (but that was 1-2 years ago and has long been fixed) ... that's about it from me.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• phoffmann SupportEmployee 2,644 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    3. Oct 30, 2009 7:33 AM (in response to sclayton25)
    Re: Unhandled exception with avservice.exe

No problem at all.

The phone numbers for the LANDesk support centers are here:

- http://www.landesk.com/Support/ContactUs/Index.aspx

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software