blaine67 Apprentice 183 posts since
Feb 12, 2009

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 5, 2009 8:48 AM

WebDesk Category/Impact/Urgency filter selection

Hi there,

Looking for some help and/or guidance.

We have two processes under the Incident Module.

One is the Incident process, and the other is called Service Request.

We have two sets of Categories/Impacts/Urgencies.

The drop downs on the window are populated based on a filter.

If the Lifecycle/Title is Incident, use the first set of Categories/Impacts/Urgencies.

If the Lifecycle/Title is Service Request, use the set of Categories/Impacts/Urgencies prefixed by "SR".

In Console, this works just fine.  In WebDesk, the filter is ignored and the first set of Categories/Impacts/Urgencies are put in the drop down.

It looks like the Lifecycle/Title attribute is not getting populated with WebDesk, and therefore it uses the first set.

I put the Lifecycle/Title on the Window.  In Console, it's populated, in WebDesk it's not.

I have a ticket opened with support, but I thought I'd also try the Community.

Any ideas ?  Has anybody seen anything similar ?

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Nov 11, 2009 1:49 AM (in response to blaine67)
    Re: WebDesk Category/Impact/Urgency filter selection

Yes I've had something very similar.  At the moment it looks as though WebDesk has slight differences in the way it handles filters and queries to the one true source - console.  Other examples are that it doesn't seem possible to write a filter that behaves like the popular query on the incident window to list all notes in most recent order create first.  You can try but ....Also if you have a filter which refers to an attribute on the window and change the contents of that atriibute the filter, WebDesk still uses the old value prior to you changing it. Console correctly uses the new value you have changed the attribute too.

As a thought, you could perhaps use two categories one for SR and one for Incident with different processes?  Someone who knpws has told me is a requirement for ITIL3.

• KaiEilert Apprentice 100 posts since
    Aug 8, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    4. Apr 17, 2012 6:23 AM (in response to blaine67)

Hi,

has there been any updates on this issue?

I can still reproduce this error in v7.5 after it has been escalated to development 3 years ago...

• MarcelloCentineo Apprentice 140 posts since
    Dec 9, 2008

6. Apr 17, 2012 7:31 AM (in response to blaine67)

Hi Kai,

It's a known problem in support. The filter will only work for the process who is set as the "standard" process...

Log it with support. Currently the prio is "low".

Regards,

Marcello

• KarenPeacock Employee 1,131 posts since
    Jul 29, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.

Hi

I think we might be referencing two different issues here:

Marcello is I think referring to problem 5321 - "Filtering does not work in Web Access before saving a record if not using the default window".  This is available as a patch for 7.4 that can be requested and is planned to be addressed in SP1 for 7.5.

The specific problem at the top of this thread is to do with being unable to filter on the Lifecycle object and is problem 5226 - "WebAccess adds its own criteria when creating a filter on some relationships making them unusable".  From our records, this has been experienced by two customers who both worked around the issue.  This is a Medium priority issue currently so if anyone experiences this please do let your support provider know.

Best wishes

Karen

Dec 9, 2008

Hi Karen,

Sorry you are right. I understood we talking about problem 5321. But nice to know that it will be fixed in a 7.5 service pack ;-)

Regards

Marcello

Aug 8, 2011

Hi Karen, hi Marcello,

Thanks for the patch information.

I am trying to create a filter on the Incident Response level Attribute. The filter works fine in Console. However in WebDesk it does not.

This is just happening with the response level field. Other fields work great.

Regards,

Kai

Dec 9, 2008

10. Apr 17, 2012 8:57 AM (in response to KaiEilert)

Hi Kai,

As I understand your filter criteria is something like: lifecylce is equal to X and/or Y

How to create a new field on the business object response level and use this new field to filter?

a drop down / ref list "customer"

if customer A

if customer B

or create a checkbox and use this to filter instead of the lifecycle

did you tried this already?

Regards,

Marcello

Jul 29, 2008

11. Apr 17, 2012 8:58 AM (in response to KaiEilert)

Hi Kai

If you first of all save the window, then try expanding the filtered response level list again does it then filter the list correctly?  This will help me work out whether this relates to problem 5321.

As an aside, have you considered instead using the SLA matrix to filter your Response Levels?  I'm not sure if this would be applicable to your requirement.

Best wishes,

Karen

Jul 29, 2008

Me again.  If you are filtering on lifecycle, (the process that is being used), then the workaround we put in place in the past was to store the lifecycle name into an attribute on the window and then filter off this.

Best wishes,

Karen

Aug 8, 2011

Hi Karen,

Even after selecting the response level again from the filter list the filter does not work.

However I worked with the SLA Matrix that you suggested and now I have the result I was looking for. So no need for a Filter there.

Thanks you two for your Help.

Cheers,

Kai

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software