Skip navigation
1 2 3 Previous Next 24926 Views 35 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2010 2:07 AM by skopylov RSS Go to original post
  • Mach6 Employee 637 posts since
    May 23, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    17. Mar 11, 2010 2:38 PM (in response to Stoj)
    Re: LDMS 9 - Agent Failing when Pushed

I will try to replicate this, but I am still of the belief that the problem is one of recognition of the computer with either outdated information or a duplicate device.  Can you take that device that you just pushed an agent to and then either uninstall the agent or simply push a new one over the top (following whatever caused the issue before) and let me know the results?

If you include the steps to follow I'll also do the same thing and let you know what I find out.

Thanks!

• Employee 213 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    22. Mar 15, 2010 2:39 PM (in response to Stoj)

Hello,

it seems something related to the GPO or local security policy applied to your core.

1-Verify that the Scheduler service is not running as LocalSystem but impersonates a domain administrator that has rights on the devices

2-In the installation folder (not where you installed LANDesk but from where you installed it) you'd find a DOCS folder.

There you'd find a file called LDMSDeploy.pdf.

In this file look for gpedit.msc: you will find a list of local security settings that you need to set on the core server and make sure the core server is not inheriting

GPOs from the domain.

Kind regards,

StockTrader

• bcasler Apprentice 72 posts since
    Dec 22, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    23. Mar 19, 2010 9:42 AM (in response to Mach6)

How does this affect other software installs or patching pushed to Win 7 machines after an agent is installed

• Rookie 24 posts since
    May 15, 2008

24. Apr 9, 2010 6:33 AM (in response to bcasler)

Trying to push LD9 agent to a WinXP machine and getting the same error.

• Expert 682 posts since
    Apr 22, 2008

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
    25. Apr 9, 2010 8:48 AM (in response to Stoj)

After reading this thread, a couple other things I noticed weren't mentioned.

Does your antivirus/spyware/etc solution block applications or file/folder characteristics? For the folder to appear and then disappear, it sounds like it might have been blocked or quaranteened.

Is there a vpn solution installed that might include a firewall or something alike?

If it works on 1 machine and not another, go in to gpedit and compare the security configurations, especially for the network access area. There is one for "sharing and security model" that has caused problems for me in the past. If its set to "classic" everything works as it should.

Are there any messages in the event logs that would indicate a hardware problem, specifically the hard drive or memory? Also, in the security logs, you might see account logon/off failures that might indicate a blocked account or a problem with the account (bad password, etc).

• Rookie 24 posts since
    May 15, 2008

26. Apr 9, 2010 8:49 AM (in response to jmac)

okay, figured my issue out (PEBKAC)....

The Windows Firewall was on.

Agent pushing out now without issue.

• Rookie 6 posts since
    Jan 24, 2010

27. Apr 22, 2010 9:07 PM (in response to Stoj)

Hi Everyone,

Sooner or later I will get a project to deploy 3000+ nodes with 50% of them are using Windows Vista & 7 with no domain/AD environment. Turn off/disable simple file sharing, UAC, firewall or etc is not feasible for this enviroment unless we have so many man power to install agent package manually without turn it off all the built in security functions from Windows Vista & 7.

Is any of one you have an idea, suggestion or good advise for this  implementation?

• Expert 682 posts since
    Apr 22, 2008

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
    28. Apr 23, 2010 6:30 AM (in response to izazi)

Well, without intentionally sounding sarcastic, 3000+ nodes in a work group with the intended security settings in place is going to be difficult to manage in the extreme. You will have no idea how the end user has modified their machine and no means to reconfigure it back. You will also have no means to enforce the agent remain on the machine even if there has been a successful install.

You could try adding the target machine's local administrator account to the alternate credientials in the scheduler tab and then try pushing the agent with UDD. Be sure to update the agent config with the IP of the LANDesk server so that once installed the machines can communicate back (the computer name or FQDN probably won't do). About the only other thing I could think of is that if you know the local administrator account for each of the machines, you could use a script to map a drive to the machine and execute a remote install from there. Other than that, e-mail the end user with a URL to the installer and just continually pester them until they do it.

HTH

• jsiegrist Apprentice 67 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    29. May 5, 2010 4:56 PM (in response to Stoj)

Any more info on this guys? I'm having a very similar issue with agents. Agents that previously installed during OSD on Windows 7 machines are not responding and when I try to push out new agents, they fail. The same mkdir command is failing.

Anything else you have discovered would be useful.

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software