I've had that problem before and there was a problem with the patch manager subscription. On the core server go to Landesk - Core Server Activation and make sure the subscription license hasn't expired. You may want to activate the Core Server again as I have to do every so often.
landesklic.jpg 44.0 K
1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is typically caused by an issue with the product license. There are several reasons this can happen:
- Product license is invalid, missing, or expired. It is very common to have a license for one version, then upgrade to another version and the license is no longer valid. (Example: License is for LDMS 8.8, however the installed version is LDMS 9.0)
- Subscription license is invalid, missing, or expired.
The following steps should be followed:
- From the Start menu on the core server go to All Programs --> LANDesk --> and run "Core Server Activation"
- Within the "Activate LANDesk Core Server" utility click on "Licenses"
- Compare the licenses listed with your licensing agreement. Are any expired? Do you have all of the licenses you expect to have?
- Reactivate the core server by clicking on "Activate"
If anything is missing, incorrect (such as product version is wrong), or shows as expired you should reactivate your core server.
From within the Core Server Activation Tool, make sure the Contact Name and Password are correct, and click "Activate".
If you have reactivated and the information still does not appear correct, contact LANDesk Support to investigate further. If either is expired, contact your Sales Representative or the Licensing Queue at LANDesk Support for further assistance. This can be done through the Self Service Portal or via Telephone.
A screenshot of the Licensing screen from the Core Activation Utility would be advised to give to LANDesk Support.
In addition, as you are new to the product, I would recommend viewing the new landing pages that should be in place for each area of the product.
As an example, here is the landing page for Patch Manager:
Hi David. Thanks for the reply,
I tried re-activating my core before I posted here, to no avail. My license is for LDSS 9.0 and has no expiry, i.e. 12/31/9999, 11:59PM.
Now, is there a way to manually exclude/include definitions from your list within Patch and Security Manager? I'm guessing that this is a phone call to LANDesk.
Can you post a screenshot of your Download Updates list and your License details?
This was due to an error on our end.
When the customer renewed the Maintenance and Subscription, a duplicate account was created in our system, so the licensing wasn't tied to the original account.
Sorry for the mistake there.
Thanks for the assist, much appreciated.