1. Create a batch file distribution package that calls Notepad or calc, or that does the desired task.
2. Create or edit a Push delivery method with the following settings:
Network Usage - Use Multicast to deploy files
Multicast Domains - Check the Wake on Lan section and check the box "Domain representatives wake up managed devices".
3. In the properties of the scheduled task, go to the properties and select Target devices. Check the box for "Wake up devices - not applicable to unmanaged devices".
4. Select the Multicast Domain Reps manually if desired, otherwise start the job.
The default behavior when using WOL in a scheduled task is to have the machines wake up, and then power back off after the task completes.
This option can be disabled by setting a property in the registry on the core server.
1. Open Regedit.
2. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intel Scheduler\Parameters"
3. Create a REG_DWORD value called "WOLLeavesAwake".
4. To have machines stay awake after the scheduled task, set the value to 1.