LANDesk® Security Review for the Week Ending October 10, 2008
LANDesk® Patch Manager and Security Suite ("LDSS") provide customers with the latest security and application patches and updates for the most utilized software in your business. Maintaining a safe and secure environment helps to avoid downtime that will affect employees and productivity. The following items are the patch and update highlights from this past week.
Vulnerability Definitions - A variety of updates were released this week for browsers, multimedia applications, and instant messaging applications. In addition, there were several KBs released by Microsoft. There were also two updates for Lenovo ThinkVantage Technologies applications. See the list below for details:
- Vulnerability ID: MSWMP11v3
- Vulnerability ID: ITUNESv801
- Vulnerability ID: OPERAv960
- Vulnerability ID: YAHOO_MSGR9
- Vulnerability ID: ACCESS_CONNECTIONS & ACTIVE_PROTECTION
- Vulnerability ID: GOOGLE_DESKTOPv5.8.809.23506 , SKYPEv220.127.116.11 , ICQ6_ENU , TRILLIANv3111
- Vulnerability ID: 943729v2_VISTA
- Vulnerability ID: 956774_VISTA_WIN2008
Vulnerability Definitions - Apple released its security update for October. Updates for Java, browser, multimedia, and instant messaging application updates were also released.
- Vulnerability ID: ADIUM_MAC_132
- Vulnerability ID: APPLE-JAVA-For10.5Update2
- Vulnerability ID: APPLE-JavaRelease7-TI.xml
- Vulnerability ID: APPLE-SA-2008-007-Ti11-Intel, Vulnerability ID - APPLE-SA-2008-007-Ti11-PPC, APPLE-SA-2008-007-Ti11-UnivServer, APPLE-SA-2008-007-Ti11-PPCServer, APPLE-SA-2008-007-Le5-Server, APPLE-SA-2008-007-Le
- Vulnerability ID: OPERA960_Update
- Vulnerability ID: APPLE-iTunes801
- Vulnerability ID: Thunderbird20017_Update
HPUX: 13 vulnerabilities ;
Redhat: 8 vulnerabilities;
SLES: 9 vulnerabilities
Solaris: 4 vulnerabilities
Security Threat Updates
- Vulnerability ID - ST000203
Getting the most out of LANDesk Security and Patch Manager
- Here is a list of the applications and products that Security and Patch Manager support.
Patch Tuesday and Critical Patch Updates around the corner
- Clear your calendars and fire-up your Core Servers it's time to push out some patches. This week's article is more of a heads up for you Patch Administrators-especially for those of you that manage mixed environments.
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you-our partners and customers-in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2008 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com/.