This is a step by step instruction on how to add a Custom Product to the Software License Monitoring module.
Part One: Adding the executable (all sizes and versions found on the network) using the wild card search.
- In the console go to Tools > Reporting > Software License Monitoring.
- On the right hand side go to Inventory > Files > To be scanned > Right click on To be scanned and select New File
3. For Filename enter the executable name > For Size enter a 1 to use the wildcard system > For Product Name enter a product name (Any name is fine) > For Vendor enter a Vendor name (Any name is fine) > For Version enter an X to use the wild card system > Press OK
4. Push the Make Available to Clients button (This will create a new ldappl3.ini file so each client device will know to scan for this new executable). Be sure to press the Make Available to Clients when you make changes in the SLM module so they are updated to the clients.
Note: A software scan must be completed before information will populate Software License Monitoring after the steps above have been completed. The steps provided above will add the executable to the search list of the ldappl3.ini file that is used by the client inventory scanner to locate software.
A right click on the machine will not force a software scan to happen. You can force a software scan by the following methods:
You can do this manually by adding a /F and /SYNC to the shortcut
You can do this from the console by managed script: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2209
Part Two: Adding the found executables from Part One to a Custom Product
1. In the console go to Tools > Reporting > Software License Monitoring.
2. On the right hand side go to Inventory > Files > To be dispositioned
3. In the Find: box search for the executable
4. Right click on the file and choose Scan for this file (To be scanned)
5. Right click on the file and choose Add Files to a New Product
6. On the new open box click on the Files Tab
6. Click on Add
7. Search for other versions of this executable to add to your product
8. Click on OK
Searching under Product Definitions > All ; You can view your Custom Product that you created.
The software can be found on the Inventory of a Device under Software > Packages