1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 11:17 AM by csimpson@kumc.edu RSS

How to set query criteria from a test field

tonyhh Apprentice

Hi All

Is it possible to use the results from a text field (multi line), to be used as the criteria to return a query result?

Basically, I have a query tab at the bottom of the change management window that shows all the services we provide (will be in excess of 40). I want to filter this query on the tab to only show the services that will be affected by the change request (the resulting query must show the service manager, e-mail, 3rd part support details......).   Is this possible? I have tried adding a "List" box and then copying the data to a text field but this only allows you to view 1 field?

See attched file for view of the window.

Any help much appreciated be it a different approach.

Thanks

Tony

• 1. Re: How to set query criteria from a test field
          csimpson@kumc.edu Expert

We added the services to a reference list and then added the services to CI items.  I add 1 or more CI items to my change and all of the services can be shown in a report or a query.  I guess check boxes on a form or adding services to a change also work.  Putting each service in the text area just seems very efficient and prone to mistakes, mis-spellings, or different terminology.