1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 9:09 AM by EMiranda RSS

Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I've been searching around for a bit of time now however I haven't been able to find a clear cut answer.

In my old sysprep.inf file there was a field for DriversSigningPolicy and it was set to ignore. Does anyone know the equivalent to that in the new Unattend.xml format?

I saw the PersistAllDeviceInstalls just not sure if this is the setting that would work.

• 1. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I don't know how (or if it's possible in Win7) to do the same thing through a single option in the unattend, but PersistAllDeviceInstalls just tells sysprep to assume that it's going to similar hardware so to not make it hardware agnostic.  Basically it's saying, "I don't want to be hardware independent!"

It's definitely not what you're looking for.

• 2. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

Ahh, that's going to be inconvenient. My XP environment is very streamline. You would think that this option in some way shape or form would be available.

• 3. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy
              zman Master

I have not tried this but saw it on another post:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
              bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then reboot.  Microsoft has deprecated the driversigningpolicy

• 4. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

Which section of the Unattend.xml does this apply to?

• 5. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I believe you would need to set those up as runonce commands.  BCDEDIT.exe modifies the file BCD, which replaces the boot.ini file from older versions of Windows (and adds additional functionality/flexibility as well).

I'll try this also, when I get a chance, but it might be a couple of days before I'm able to get to it, so if anyone else can try it and report back that would help everyone.

• 6. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I haven't had a lot of time to look at this but I just sat down to mess with it for a bit. Can you help me understand the syntax for this. Here is what i have:

<!-- This section configures bcedit to install Unsigned Drivers-->
                          <RunOnceCommand FilePath="C:\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe" -set loadoptions "DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" TESTSIGNING "ON" >

• 7. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

So I still am yet to test this but one of the guys I work with took a Windows 7 course so I looked at the book he received from it. There is a slide that states the following:

bcdedit -SET TESTSIGN NO

• Some drivers are not signed and Windows 7 will refuse to load them. Turn on test signing which allows Windows 7 to load unsigned drivers. To enable this you have to open a command prompt as administrator and type teh command above.
                      • 8. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I've now tested this but am having some issues with the Run Once statements for some reason. Have you tried this at all?

Here is my RunOnce command:

<RunOnceCommand FilePath="C:\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe" -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS >

Whenever I insert this in, Config Target OS fails and says, "Cannot Read File"

Also, about the bcdedit -SET TESTSIGN ON     When you run this command from the CLI it doesn't even recognize it. Not sure exactly how to get this one working.

Let me know what you think?

• 9. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy
                          peoples Apprentice

Hello ,

is there something news ? I currently have exactly this problem but no solution.

I've tried your RunOnce command in unattend.xml

I tried to run "bcdedit.exe" -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" before capturing the image

and setting [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing key BehaviorOnFailedVerify to "0" ignore

nothing helps.

some idea ?

• 10. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy
                            Froggmann Apprentice

Just wanted to bump this. I'm trying to work through the same issue here but so far no dice.

Setting these options in the image yield nothing:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
                            bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Same goes for entering them in run once in the OSD script. 
                            • 11. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

Hi, did you manage to get this working in the end? I am having the same problem, where it is asking to install unsigned drivers from Dell.

• 12. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

interested too in a fix/workaround. Provisioning Windows 7 and I get prompted two times. I tell it to download and Provisioning will continue but this does not allow our techs to walk away once a device is being provisioned like they can now for an xp device.

• 13. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

I found this post here about setting the driver signing in gpedit, possibility of doing this on the base image, not got around to testing it yet though.

• 14. Re: Unattend.xml / DriverSigningPolicy

Are these drivers for 32-bit or 64-bit systems?  In the case of 64-bit the requirement is that the drivers be signed.  It is possible to enable "test signed" drivers, although this is supposed to be for development work only and drivers shouldn't be released in that state.  Information can be found here:

1 2 Previous Next