3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2011 6:39 PM by dennyjs RSS

How to get history of previous owner of CI?

dennyjs Apprentice

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get history of previous owner of CI?

then I could see how many times of particular CI had been assigned to user.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to get history of previous owner of CI?
          aparker Employee

Hi,

How are you getting that piece of information into the system in the first place? You could create a versionable attribute on the CI which stores an owner value. Every time the value changes, a new version of the CI is created. You would need to determine what type of versioning you would like to use. This will only work from the point in time you implement it going forward.

Andy

• 2. Re: How to get history of previous owner of CI?
            dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I'm guessing you allocate a CI to a user via the admin tool and want to track those changes?  With 7.4 you can do the linkage/relinkage in a process so I'd suggest a small Move CI process which does the admin bit for you in the process, but as a side effect also tracks that such a change has been done.

• 3. Re: How to get history of previous owner of CI?
              dennyjs Apprentice

Thanks Andy I will try to use versioning.

Yes Dave, that's right. I want to allocate a CI to a user via the admin or process (link/unlink action) and want to track those changes. I already created link/unlink CI on process as like you mentioned. it works.

Thanks,

Denny