8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2014 8:23 AM by larfun RSS

How to create a report of a scheduled task

Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice

I would like to get daily reports of some of my scheduled tasks. I do not see this option in LANDesk Reporting- just an option to select a query. I am trying to avoid having to create a query based on the task just to get these reports. I would like the report to have the same information as when you click on a scheduled task and get a summary (Name(status), Quantity, Percentage).

I have just started to learn SQL and have been trying queries on the LD_TASK table in the DB but am not getting anywhere.

I did find this article which was interesting but still not what I am looking for. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2430

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task
          v.taillet Apprentice

Hello,

I'm looking for a report for same thing : I need to have a report of a scheduled tasks' results (which computer failed, etc)

Thanks

• 2. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task

v.taillet:

In case you never got this report, I learned enough SQL last Fall to created these reports in Report Designer. Let me know if you would like these SQL queries

• 3. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task
              zman Master

Why not consider posting them here?

• 4. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task
                v.taillet Apprentice

Hello,

Yes I still need that report

I have nearly the good report, but the error code description is missing (so I just have code error number, not very explicit !)

Thanks in advance

• 5. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task

So sorry about the delay. I set a filter on my community subscription e-mails to keep my Inbox smaller but I forgot to keep an eye on my LANDesk folder  .

This may be an example of what you are looking for, which has now worked for me. I am using this to keep track of a a policy task for Microsoft Office. Also, these are the only status codes that are listed in our database so I do not know if anymore exist. I was surprised to not find one to define "Active". This list is different to the status code document that was created in 2008:

--------------------------

Select A0.Displayname as "Computer Name",CONVERT(varchar, CAST(InstallDate as DATE), 101) as "Install Date",  CONVERT(varchar, LastUpdInvSvr, 101) as "Last Inventory Update",
                  'Task Status' = Case
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '0' THEN 'Waiting'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '2' THEN 'Done'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '3' THEN 'Failed'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '7' THEN 'Off'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '8' THEN 'Canceled'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '10' THEN 'Delayed'
                  WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '11' THEN 'Unknown Status Code'
                  END
                       from Computer A0
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN LD_TASK_MACHINE A2 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A2.COMPUTER_IDN
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN LD_TASK A1 ON A1.LD_TASK_IDN = A2.LD_TASK_IDN
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN TCP A3 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A3.Computer_Idn
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN AppSoftwareSuites A4 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A4.Computer_Idn
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN LanDesk A5 (nolock) ON A0.Computer_Idn = A5.Computer_Idn
                        WHERE A1.TASK_NAME = 'Microsoft Office 2010 Student'
                              and A4.SuiteName = 'Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010'
                  order by [Task Status], [Last Inventory Update]

-------------------------------------------

• 6. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task

I forgot to post this link with the query. This document had the most accurate results when I compared the codes to my tables. There were some other documents that I found but they did not match the code definitions.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1804

• 7. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task
                      technobabble Apprentice

I get this error when I run the query. The task name is "Migrate to LDCSA Connection - Remote Automotive" and I have remove the AppsSuite line as it does not pertain to what I am searching for.

Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Line 20

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'INNER'.

My SQL is:

use LANDesk

go

Select A0.Displayname as "Computer Name",CONVERT(varchar, CAST(InstallDate as DATE), 101) as "Install Date",  CONVERT(varchar, LastUpdInvSvr, 101) as "Last Inventory Update",

'Task Status' = Case

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '0' THEN 'Waiting'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '2' THEN 'Done'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '3' THEN 'Failed'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '7' THEN 'Off'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '8' THEN 'Canceled'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '10' THEN 'Delayed'

WHEN A2.MAC_STATUS = '11' THEN 'Unknown Status Code'

END

from Computer A0

LEFT OUTER JOIN LD_TASK_MACHINE A2 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A2.COMPUTER_IDN

LEFT OUTER JOIN LD_TASK A1 ON A1.LD_TASK_IDN = A2.LD_TASK_IDN

LEFT OUTER JOIN TCP A3 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A3.Computer_Idn

LEFT OUTER JOIN AppSoftwareSuites A4 ON A0.Computer_Idn = A4.Computer_Idn

LEFT OUTER JOIN LanDesk A5 (nolock) ON A0.Computer_Idn = A5.Computer_Idn

WHERE A1.TASK_NAME = 'Migrate to LDCSA Connection - Remote Automotive'

order by [Task Status], [Last Inventory Update]

INNER JOIN LD_TASK ON ConsoleUser.ConsoleUser_Idn = LD_TASK.CONSOLEUSER_IDN

INNER JOIN DeliveryMethod ON LD_TASK.DELIVERYMETHOD_IDN = DeliveryMethod.DeliveryMethod_Idn

INNER JOIN PACKAGE ON LD_TASK.PACKAGE_IDN = PACKAGE.PACKAGE_IDN

ORDER BY ConsoleUser.UserName

• 8. Re: How to create a report of a scheduled task
                        larfun Apprentice

This might help. At the least you can look at the SQl behind it to see where the error might be.

New Software Distribution Status Summary Report w/Expandable Detail