2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 7:17 AM by Gilles Portal RSS

How to check the version of Client Agent landesk command line ?

Rookie

Hello,

I want to make a script that will check the version of Client Agent installed Landesk.

How can I do?

Philippe

• 1. Re: How to check the version of Client Agent landesk command line ?
          Employee

Hello,

there is not a univoque way because it not exist a unique version of the agent.

The Agent is made of different files (components) and some patches may modify some individual files only.

The only thing that I can think about is to look at the version of LDISCN32.EXE that is an executables that's common to all the agent configurations.

From DOS there is not a real direct way to have a look to the version of it (as far as I know): one way is to use FILEVER.EXE (part of the resource kit) or write a small VBS script that instantiates the FileSystemObject and retrives the version info of the file.

Kind regards,

StockTrader

• 2. Re: How to check the version of Client Agent landesk command line ?
            Gilles Portal Apprentice

Hi...

I uses to change the name of the agent each time I modified its configuration, or when I updates Landesk with a patch and rebuilt all agents.

Examples : 02 xxx Standard Windows Wks Agent V9.SP2-004.
            03 xxx Standard Windows Wks Agent (+ARP Discovery) V9.SP2-004.

I have an agent configuration Number : 02 which identify the agent targets and its use. It never change.

Then The agent Name : Standard Windows Wks Agent.

Then the landesk Version and Service Pack : it could change depending of the service pack level...

Then the release version : -004 It change each time a change is done in the configuration (not very often) or when i patches Landesk with an MCP patch or others... (More often).

Then I can get them in queries and in inventory.

I hopes it will help you.

Gilles.