4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 9:18 AM by aditichalke RSS

How to apply the patch as a policy

aditichalke Rookie

I have lots of devices on the internet. I wanted to install patches like Adobe, Adobe reader, flash, Java, itunes. When i tried to create a policy task to push those updates to the remote machines it says there was an error creating policy. Please someone help me

• 1. Re: How to apply the patch as a policy
          rmeyer SupportEmployee

Try creating the patch repair policy on the Console on the Core Server. If that works, you need to install the same patches on your remote console as are installed on the Core server. If you look at Help | About LANDesk | More Info from both consoles you will see what patches are installed on each of them.

• 2. Re: How to apply the patch as a policy
            aditichalke Rookie

Thanks for your quick response.

Do u have any document which i can use to creat the repair policy. I dont know where to find the option for creating policy for repair task . All I see is go to the patch & complience window. Go to the custome group drag all the updates from detected folder. Right click the custome group & select the repair option. Which takes me to the repair schedule task. I selected the repair schedule task & repair as a policy option. I selected the scan & repair setting which I have created as install patches in which I have all desired patches I wish to install on the client device. After clicking ok I got the error message as "there was an error creating policy" 

Thnaks

• 3. Re: How to apply the patch as a policy
              rmeyer SupportEmployee

You are creating the policy correctly. Are you doing this on the Console on the Core Server or on a remote console? If it is on a remote console, try it on the Console on the Core Server to see if it works.

• 4. Re: How to apply the patch as a policy
                aditichalke Rookie

I am doing it on the Core Console.