5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2011 8:00 AM by SBW RSS

Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created

SBW LDProServices

I have dropped Activity on to Request and created a one to one relationship from Request to Activity and a collection of Request on Activity.

I also created an action (create service request) on activity and dragged and dropped the collection on to the activity window so that as the service requests are added they can be seen on the collection window below.  What Im finding is that modifiying the result output attributes of Request under request management does not modify what is seen at the bottom of the activity window.

I was afraid of this and this leads me to my next point which is basically an explanation of what Im trying to do.  We want to create an employee new hire process and during a certain status in that process we want to allow people to create additional requests for services (CI's) and then display the image attribute for the items they've selected through the optional action.  What I've done is create an image attribute on the Request object and used a copy rule to copy the catalogue image from the service CI image attribute to the Request object image attribute that I've created.  This way I can select it in the results output attribute for the request object and have it show for the case I wrote above.

Is what Im trying to do not feasible?

• 1. Re: Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created
          karenpeacock Employee

Hi

Sorry if I've mis-understood you but I wondered if you can use a filter (or query) to display the field you want on the activity window and remove the collection? 

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created
            SBW LDProServices

I can try messing around with a query/filter at the bottom of the window.  I thought that might work, but I know that just dropping the collection on the window tends to be a lot easier to get the information your looking for thats relevant to the ticket thats open.  Often in the past when trying to use a query I'd get All Tasks, or whatever item I was trying to get on the window.

Let me ask you this Karen, I love the report templates that can be utilized to show pictures and I'd really like to be able to use them in a collection or filter/query at the bottom of the window.  Is this something thats currently possible or not possible.  Because while I can show them the text of what they've asked for already, I'd like to show them the text and a picture as well.

• 3. Re: Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created
              SBW LDProServices

Tried what you mentioned Karen, I did a filter of Request Management Request based off Human Resources Activity, where the runtime value of the reference id of Human Resources Activity = Activity.Reference ID.

I now have a good replacement for the collection of Requests at the bottom of the window, but still cant get the images(attribute on the Request) to display at all. I see that using a filter I dont have a way to select a Report Template in place of the query/filter at the bottom of the window.  In the past I've been able to fill a label on the window with html to get an image to show up, but Im not sure if I can do that here.

• 4. Re: Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created
                karenpeacock Employee

Hi

I'm afraid that you can't apply a report template to a filter on a window so you'd need to raise an enhancement for this and hopefully others would vote on this too.  My only suggestion is that the image displays on the optional action instead or if they drill into the service they've selected from the filter if this of use?

Best wishes

Karen

• 5. Re: Changing the output attributes of a collection you've created
                  SBW LDProServices

Thanks for the reply Karen, I didnt know I was able to use pictures on the optional actions, so maybe I'll look into that as an alternative.  We've decided to take our process in a slightly different direction after figuring out that we can't use report templates on the querys on the windows.