5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2011 12:11 PM by dmshimself RSS

help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.

Apprentice

Hi

I am working on the LDAP Integration with webacces7.4. WE have OpenLDAP . We are not using CN=  we are using uid instead

In console for the users I have  added network login to
      uid=nameofperson,uid=users,dc=domain,dc=se

in the DirectoryServiceAuthenticationConfiguration file I have
      <ServerObject>LDAP://server:389/uid=users,DC=company,DC=se</ServerObject> it's not working!

It's not working, but if I hardcode the line to  <serverobject><ServerObject>LDAP://server:389/uid=Mickey,DC=company,DC=se</ServerObject></serverObject>

It Works!
      What should the network login look like , or is it not possible to use UID instead of CN ?

Please can somebody help me ??

Kind regards

Therese

• 1. Re: help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.
          Apprentice

I have added some screenshots on how the webaccess error looks like, and also the Network Connection String, and the

DirectoryServiceAuthentifictionConfiguration.xml

Hopefully that somebody know the answer...

regards

therese

ErrorWebaccess.pngDirectoryService.png Network Login String.png

• 2. Re: help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.
            Apprentice

Hi

Dave Medland-Slater answered on the discussion 'LDAP Authentication FAILURE'

'The login policy needs to be explicit, not all (the manual I think is wrong there). LDAP takes over the explicit usage. If you login with SA, the LDAP TPS authentication still looks you up as if you were explicit, not via LDAP, so you need a 'proper' account to test with. The username you enter is the LANDesk explicit login and the password is the LDAP password that corresponds to the network connection entry. The network connection values are the LDAP distinguished name and in my experience need to be the first entries in the list of authentication strings. Any AD ones need to come after this. Values would be something like ...

cn=touchpaper, ou=sysusers,ou=general,ou=misc,dc=ad,dc=company,dc=com'

I have set the login policy to explicit , but I get the same error message anyway. What I would like to know, is the the Network Login string correct in the Administration component or in the DirectoryServiceAuthenticationConfiguration.xml file?

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Therese Edman

• 3. Re: help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I don't think OpenLDAP is a supported platform, which is a bit of a problem.  My experience has only been with AD and ED and for those the syntax in the setup guide just works.  So as I haven't used OpenLDAP I don't know whether the problem is with the DirectoryServiceAuthenticationConfiguration.xml or the network logins.  One thought - have you used some sort of LDAP browser or explorer tool to connect and try to see what values it holds for the various users in the tree?

• 4. Re: help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.
                Apprentice

Hi Dave

Thanks for helping out .

I just got it to work ,

I changed the string in the <ServerObject> and know it works

thanks

• 5. Re: help ! LDAP Integration with webacces7.4.
                  dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Well done Sweden!