2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 7:47 AM by Fnurgg RSS

Unable to load the antivirus engine.

Apprentice

Hi

We upgraded to LANDesk 9.0 SP3 yesterday and now some users are getting the following error message when opening outlook:

Unable to load the antivirus engine or reload pattern files.

Reason: Unknown failure (0x80070424). Code -2147023836 (0x80070424).

Please contact your IT representative for repair options.

Anyone have a clue what this error is about and/or how to fix this?

Kind regards

Jo

• 1. Re: Unable to load the antivirus engine.
          Apprentice

Odd error to display  once Outlook opens but it appears that there may be an issue with the Outlook add-in. [The error is normally "LANDesk Antivirus unable to load the antivirus scan engine. Error- 2147024809 (0880070057)"]

Have you already tried disabling the Outlook add-in? If this does not resolve the issue you can try reinstalling just the AV before reinstalling the entire agent. To remove the AV open a command prompt and browse to "\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient" and run "vulscan.exe /removeav". I recommend rebooting before reinstalling. Return to the same folder using command prompt and run "vulscan.exe /installav".

If this still does not resolve the issue, I once resolved a add-in issue by just replacing the dll from a working computer. I did this after reinstalling the AV and agent and for some strange reason this resolved the issue. The dll is "LDOutlAddin.dll" under " \Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus"

• 2. Re: Unable to load the antivirus engine.
            Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I used the /removeav and /installav but then noticed a bunch of other LANDesk files were missing so in the end i did a full client reinstall, wich resolved the issue.