8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 6:48 AM by dynamozappa RSS

File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.

dynamozappa Apprentice

So this is yet another baffling problem that i have encountered with LD software distribution. i am trying to transfer two files to a computer and i have created a very simple multicast script that is supposed to copy the files (.ttf font files) from my core to the c:\windows\fonts folder on the machine. After scheduling the script and running it the log file says that it succeeded (see below). And the files have been transferred to the machine but they are in the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache folder and not in the destination specified in the script. Is there something else i need to do in order to make this work the way it is supposed to? I have tried running a security scan and inventory (forced sync) on the computer. i have tried running policy.sync.exe, policy.client.startpolicy.exe, and policy.client.invoker.exe on the client and......NOTHING.

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"
      "COMPUTERNAME","OK",1201,"0:00:00","3/8/2012 9:21:05 AM","3/8/2012 9:21:05 AM","Targeted Multicast"
      "COMPUTERNAME","OK",0,0:00:48,3/8/2012 9:21:15 AM,3/8/2012 9:22:03 AM,"<qt/>C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\volcano\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60"
      "COMPUTERNAME","OK",0,0:00:53,3/8/2012 9:22:04 AM,3/8/2012 9:22:57 AM,"<qt/>C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\volcano\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60"
      ; "Job Complete","2 Done","0 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

I have LDMS 9 with SP3 installed on the core and on the client. The machine has Win7 32bit installed.

any help would be appreciated.

jeff

• 1. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
          wade.fields Apprentice

I'm new to this, so there may be a better way.But I use a batch file to copy files through a distribution package. and add the files that I am wanting copied to the additional files section.

So the batch file does the copying once LD deploys it to the machine.

• 2. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
            LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

Can you copy the contents of the actual File Transfer Script? This might help in seeing what could be the issue.

• 3. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
              dynamozappa Apprentice

LANDesk Wizard:

Thanks for the reply, here is the script

[JOBPARAM]
              MAX_MULTICAST_THREADS=5
              MAX_MC_FAILURES_THREADS=240
              STEPS=2
              [MULTICAST]
              FILE=\\MYCORE\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf
              FILE_TTL_TARGET=172800
              FILE_TTL_SUBREP=1209600
              BANDWIDTH_LAN=90
              BANDWIDTH_WAN=60
              WAKE_ON_LAN=0
              WAIT_FOR_WAKE_ON_LAN=120
              [MULTICAST_1]
              FILE=\\MYCORE\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile.ttf
              FILE_TTL_TARGET=172800
              FILE_TTL_SUBREP=1209600
              BANDWIDTH_LAN=90
              BANDWIDTH_WAN=60
              LEVELS_IN_NAME=1
              WAKE_ON_LAN=0
              [MACHINES_1]
              REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\MYCORE\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile Bold.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60
              REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /p="\\MYCORE\Shared\images\Software\fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /dest="C:\Windows\Fonts\Eurostile.ttf" /lan=90 /wan=60

thanks for the help.

jeff

• 4. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
                dynamozappa Apprentice

Hey Wade,

do the files get copied to the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache folder?

thanks.

jeff

• 5. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
                  wade.fields Apprentice

Yes, the additional files and the batch file are copied to the sdmcache folder. The software distribution task then runs the batch file copying the files from the sdmcache folder to your desired location.

It's not the same as the File Transfer Script, but it was what we use when we needed to copy mulitple files.

• 6. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
                    dynamozappa Apprentice

hey Wizard,

you sent me a script to kill sdclient.exe on the client a couple of weeks ago. (see below) What and where is deleteTaskQueue.exe? i can't find that on my core.

[MACHINES_NT]
                    REMEXEC0=cmd /c net stop "Intel Local Scheduler Service"
                    REMEXEC01=cmd /c taskkill /F /IM sdclient.exe /T
                    REMEXEC04=cmd /c taskkill /F /IM taskqueue.exe /T
                    REMEXEC05=cmd /c net start "Intel Local Scheduler Service"
                    REMEXEC06=cmd /c del /f /q "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.tasks.xml"
                    ;REMEXEC07=cmd /c del /f /q "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\..\Shared Files\cbaroot\alert\queue\internal*.xml"
                    REMEXEC08=cmd /c net stop "LANDesk Policy Invoker"
                    REMCOPY09=%DTMDIR%\DeleteTaskQueue.exe, %LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\DeleteTaskQueue.exe,TOREMOTE
                    REMEXEC10=cmd /c "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\DeleteTaskQueue.exe"
                    REMEXEC11=cmd /c net start "LANDesk Policy Invoker"

thanks

jeff

• 7. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
                      Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice

Jeff, did you ever find this DeleteTaskQueue.exe file? Searching on the community, it looks like the %DTMDIR% is ManagementSuite in ProgramFiles on the core but I do not have this file either.

• 8. Re: File Tranfer Script fails....again and again.
                        dynamozappa Apprentice

Hi Sundiata,

No. I never found an answer. The rest of the script seems to kind of work though. There is something that is hanging up the scheduled tasks and i can't seem to figure out what it is. no help from these forums yet either.

jeff