3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 9:44 AM by larfun RSS

GatherProducts.exe High CPU Utilization and Run Time

larfun Apprentice

Has anyone else seen the GatherProducts.exe process run at an average of 45-50% cpu utilization and/or take 25 minutes to run? The gatherproducts.exe log takes about 3 seconds to get to 'Initializing MSI DB', 25 minutes to get to 'Finished initializing MSI DB' and 15 seconds to complete. We are currently a new install of LFMS 9.0 SP3. Any insight is appreciated.

• 1. Re: GatherProducts.exe High CPU Utilization and Run Time
          zman Master

Have not seen this. Is this all computers or a select few, can you post you log, any errors in your event logs, what client OS/SP are you running?

• 2. Re: GatherProducts.exe High CPU Utilization and Run Time
            larfun Apprentice

If you go by reported issues, then a few. The reported issues also mention that system slows down. The OP is specific to my laptop, but it does not appear to slow my system down. OS would be WinXP SP 3, on a Windows 7 device, the process averaged 10-11% CPU utilization and took a few minutes to complete. What log are you referring to (gatherproducts.log)?

• 3. Re: GatherProducts.exe High CPU Utilization and Run Time
              larfun Apprentice

I believe I have this narrowed down to the Altiris Software Virtualization Agent (v2.1.2088). Right now with Agent installed and no virtual apps, gatherproducts.exe takes 15 mins to run (~40-48% CPU), without agent installed gatherproducts.exe takes 1 min to run (~10-18% CPU).

Still trying to determine if the issue is the Altiris client (basic incompatibility with LANDesk), a corrupt registry (registry entries that deal with the Altiris client) or a gatherproducts.exe issue in how it handles the registry entries for the Altiris virtualization client (procmon trace shows alot of registry activity during the delay period dealing with registry entries related to the Altiris client). Anyone else by chance have LANDesk and the Altiris Virtualization agent?