3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2010 10:28 AM by robert.kay RSS

Last updated by Not Recording in Webdesk

Rookie

I use the last.updated.by attribute to track our closed calls. The reason I use this rather than the Last.Assigned.to attribute is that in addition to a rich process, we have a simple process that does not assign requests to specific users, only a group.

My problem is that when a ticket is closed via webdesk, the last updated user is always the services account rather then the analyst. Can anyone think of a way around this problem that does not completly change my process?

Thanks,

Rob

• 1. Re: Last updated by Not Recording in Webdesk
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Rob,

I can't recreate this, the last update user for anything I do in Web Desk is always the User I'm logged in as.  When you say 'services account' do you mean SA?  That could be indicative of a problem with your logon policy - is it integrated or explicit?

Thanks,

Lara

• 2. Re: Last updated by Not Recording in Webdesk
            Rookie

The services account is the LANDesk_services Active Directory account that our touchpaper services run under.

Nephi was able to help me a bit with this, creating a query that reports on the creation of the closed business object. Doing it this way, my reports work, although it isn't perfect because I do not see calls in resolved status as well as closed. I could report on the resolve business object, but then my my simple process items will not be reported and I am back to square 1. I have thought about adding a resolve action to my simple process, and while that will work going forward, it will not work for all my past data.

Long story short, I can come up with an imperfect solution, but I will need to either change my process and/or change the way I report my data making a hard break in what I am able to trend out. My old data would not show up correctly on my new report, and my new data would not show up correctly on my old report.

I have attached a screen shot of my new query in case someone finds it interesting.

Thanks,

Rob

• 3. Re: Last updated by Not Recording in Webdesk
              Rookie

OK, by changing the touchpaper background service to run under an explicit login using the standard services account rather than the LANDesk_services account, webdesk is now reporting correctly using my standard reports.

Thank you Nephi for your help.