3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 9:29 AM by Jay

Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?

Jay Apprentice

I havent seen any documentation stating one way or the other whether or not you can designate your core server as a preferred server to use with HII.  I am just curious as it is required to use a preferred server for the driver repository.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?
          Apprentice

I have seen in recent postings where people have mentioned setting the core as a preferred server so that they can continue using the same driver folder as before (..\landesk\files\drivers). I actually temporarily configured the core myself yesterday as a preferred while troubleshooting my HII setup and it worked.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?
            Employee

Hello,

you can certainly configure your core server as preferred server. It is not a problem and is not ''dangerous''

Most of the administrators configure the CORE as a ''fake'' preferred server to have the possibility to specify access credentials for the other preferred servers.

Example:

MYCORE as preferred server, IP RANGE: 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.2 (a bit unrealistic)

PREFERRED-ONE, IP RANGE (your real stuff), username and password if needed...

etc

etc

Regards,

StockTrader

• 3. Re: Can the core server be a preferred server to use w/ HII?
              Jay Apprentice

@Sundita: Thanks I was hoping to hear of someone else doing this!

@StockTrader: Thanks for the info I was definitely hoping to hear this was not dangerous as I have a new install and am just getting past the agent roll out phase and now starting to get into SWD and OSD with HII.

Thanks for all your help!